RACE/CHALLENGE DAY IS BACK AGAIN! You can check out the results from last week’s Challenge Here. Due to high demand (three people, oh yeah ;-)) the Core Challenge: Crunch 1000 will be back for a third consecutive week. I encourage everybody to join, guys & girls, newbies & vets, athletes & couch lovers, etc. The scores will be updated everyday. To see the Scoreboard Click the Green Apple!
So having a strong core is great, but there’s more to being fit than abs. Last Tuesday, I introduced one of my favorite moves:
It incorporates cardio, biceps, triceps, chest, back, core, glutes, legs, and basically every single muscles in your body. It uses your own body weight, and is in my opinion one of the hardest greatest move out there. Since I forgot its actual name, we’ll just call it the Plyometric B****.
Here’s how to do it:
- Start in standing position, feet shoulder-width apart. You must execute this move as quickly as you can while maintaining a good form!
- Bring your hands to the floor in front of your feet, and jump into push-up position.
- Do a Push-up: Keep back as straight as possible, core tight and lower so your chin is two inches from the ground, and come back up.
- Quickly bring your feet to your hands, and jump as high as you can. This is ONE
- 1000 crunches & 200 Plyometric B****
- You have until next Thursday (February 4th 11:59PM) to turn in your numbers.
- Update me as often as you can by leaving a comment on the wall
- Bring in as many people as you can, to help me and the world to be FITTER and HEALTHIER!
- There’s a reason why I called it the Plyometric B****. If you REALLY can’t do it, just omit the push-up and stay in plank position.
- JUST DO IT!
How Do You Get In? Just leave a message saying “I’m in” and I’ll put your name up on the board!
How to incorporate Plyo in your already existing workout routine:
- Use the Plyo as a hard-core warm-up to your runs
- Finish hard with the Plyo and the Abs
- Do an interval workout: Weights-Plyo-Weights-Plyo or Cardio-Plyo-cardio… you get the point!
- Be Creative!
Join The Challenge for the second/third week, and all you have to do is your best! It is a friendly competition, and YOU are your biggest competitor! So get on the mat and prove to yourself that you can do it!
I know there are a lot more moves out there then just crunches, so use common sense to count it
Update me as frequently as you can by leaving a comment on the wall!