I made this soup last week, and it is GOOD! simple yet so flavorful and it contains more than enough vitamin K, A and C and a fair amount of calcium. You can make a bigger batch and freeze it for those days you don’t have time to cook. (That’s what I did)
You will need:
- one turkey breast
- 3 cups of fat-free and less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no salt added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 to 6 cups of chopped kale
- 1 (16 oz) can navy beans (or any other white bean like Great Northern) drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- cooking spray
- (white) pepper and salt to taste
- Spray your pan, add the onion and brown over med-high heat. Add garlic then whole turkey breast. Splash a bit of water and brown the meat.
- Add broth and tomatoes, bringing to a boil on High heat. Stir in Kale (and spices), reduce heat and simmer until kale is tender.
- Meanwhile, take the turkey breast out and shred with a fork. Put back into soup. Stir in beans and cook until heated through. Yields 4 servings.