Posted in balance, food, recipe, splurge, sweet, warm, tagged brownies, dessert, entertaining, lemon, recipe, sweets, yams on 01/28/2010|
1 Comment »
Now you might wonder WHY I’m making Yam (!!!) Brownies today. I mean isn’t it supposed to be SPLURGE Thursday? Well trust me, it is!
.→ It looks like a lot of ingredients,
.but they are mostly all basics 🙂
(Yields 16 portions)
– 1/2 cup butter, melted
– 1/2 cup packed Brown sugar
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp ground cloves
– 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 cup peeled and finely shredded yam
– 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
– 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
– 1 Tbsp butter, melted
– 1 Tbsp milk
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– whipping cream (whipped)/cool whip (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×9 baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine butter and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, then the vanilla. In separate bowl, combine flour, spices, salt and baking soda. Stir into the batter until blended. Fold in the yams (and raisins if using) and spread the batter in the baking dish, evenly.
- Bake for 25 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. Mix together the confectioners’ sugar, butter, milk and lemon juice until smooth. Spread over the brownies while still warm. Use the remaining glaze and combine with cool whip for a very tasty whip cream, and add a bit of lemon juice! Serve warm.
Enjoy, but don’t fool yourself: This is not Healthy Monday Recipe!
♦ What’s your favorite Yam recipe?
Read Full Post »
Posted in food, recipe, splurge, warm, tagged Brie, cheese, cooking, entertaining, recipe, splurge, Thursday on 01/21/2010|
4 Comments »
Today, we’re in for a BIG splurge! I made this for a brunch (you can serve it as appetizer though) it’s quick, super easy and divinely delicious!
– Brie cheese (8 oz round)
– 1 onion, thinly sliced
– 2 Tbsp. of Butter (yeah I know…)
– 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
– 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
– 2 Tbsp white vinegar
– 1/4 cup salted cashews, unequally chopped
- Place the Brie in greased baking pan and cook at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. Set aside (Don’t worry it’ll stay very soft and warm for a long time)
- Sauté onion in butter, then add the brown sugar and vinegar. Heat until it begins to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Pour over Brie and sprinkle with cashews.
Now, this is not meant to be eaten by one person (although it will be tempting – Yes, it’s that good!) so share it with your friends over a nice bottle of red, and use this as an opportunity to start your own little weekly tradition!
Read Full Post »