Last night, I ended up staying in and cooking some healthi(er) mexican food along with some not-so-healthy margaritas!
I made one of the recipe listed in my last post :
The Chilaquiles Casserole
Very quick & easy, this recipe called for enchilada sauce, which my grocery store did NOT have (!?!?) so I had to make some alterations, but the result was ASTONISHING!
– 1 Tbsp olive oil (I use a posto-infused one… mmm!)
– 1 medium spanish onion, choppped
– 1 medium zucchini, grated
– 1 15.5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed (takes some sodium away!)
– 1 1/2 cups corn, frozen
– 1 (and more) tsp ground cumin
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 12 corn tortillas, quartered (I use the smaller ones and lower-cal.)
– 1 1/4 cups shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
– The sauce: (an improvised mix of)
- Ace Hot sauce
- Salsa Ranchera
- Taco sauce
- Mandras simmer sauce (by Seeds of change)*
- Jalfrez simmer sauce (by Seeds of change)
Accompanied by a very simple spinach-mango salad with white-wine vinegar & poppy seeds homemade dressing, it was VERY good!
Sadly the picture of the actual food looks more like a blob covered in cheese, (and I thought of taking the picture AFTER we destroyed it…) but if you really want to see it, here…
* Seeds of Change simmer sauces are soooo good! and pretty healthy 🙂