Looking for healthy and nutritious alternatives to the usual greasy finger food? Try this, it tastes just as good (way better!) and boosts your system with some healthy omega-3 fats and B vitamins. Serve it at your Superbowl party, or as a main dish with a salad!
– 500g salmon fillet, skin removed — about a pound
– 1 small onion, finely chopped
– 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
– 1/2 tsp cumin
– 1/2 tsp paprika
– 1/2 tsp coriander
– 1/2 tsp of salt
– sesame seeds (+/- half a cup)
(*I always soak them in water for few minutes so it doesn’t burn in the oven)
- Preheat the oven at 350°F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or spray.
- Put salmon in the blender and mix. Add the onion and spices.
- Dip your fingers in water and form little balls with your fingers.
- Roll in the sesame seeds, stab with a toothpick and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, and serve hot! Squeeze lemon juice on them, to your taste.
What are your Superbowl plans? Hosting or going out? Cooking everything or potluck style?