Sorry for the lack of Monday Healthy Recipe, it’s just been plain craziness these past few days. I’ll post one soon.
This weekend has definitely not been the healthiest, since I was hosting (with my boyfriend) the Superbowl party and made (w/o my boyfriend ) tons of food… I’ll have to share a couple of those recipes eventually, because they were delicious. The menu was made of 7-layer dip, pigs in a blanket and wrapped in bacon, meatballs, danish-cheesecake type of thing (out of this world!), chocolate fondue for which I made pound cake along with fruits, etc. So of course I had to try everything (more than once!) and there was a lot of beer involved too, but it was a blast!
Did you do anything special for the Superbowl?
Read Full Post »
Posted in food, health, healthy recipe, nutrition, recipe, tagged appetizers, finger food, healthy recipe, lunch, omega-3, party, salmon, seafood, superbowl, Vitamin B on 01/25/2010 |
5 Comments »
Looking for healthy and nutritious alternatives to the usual greasy finger food? Try this, it tastes just as good (way better!) and boosts your system with some healthy omega-3 fats and B vitamins. Serve it at your Superbowl party, or as a main dish with a salad!
- 500g salmon fillet, skin removed — about a pound
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- sesame seeds (+/- half a cup)
(*I always soak them in water for few minutes so it doesn’t burn in the oven)
- Preheat the oven at 350°F, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or spray.
- Put salmon in the blender and mix. Add the onion and spices.
- Dip your fingers in water and form little balls with your fingers.
- Roll in the sesame seeds, stab with a toothpick and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, and serve hot! Squeeze lemon juice on them, to your taste.
What are your Superbowl plans? Hosting or going out? Cooking everything or potluck style?
Read Full Post »