Posts Tagged ‘chocolate’
I figured, it’s cold and dark out so what could be better than THE ABSOLUTE BEST hot chocolate to warm you up!
(yields 4 servings)
- 3 cups of milk, divided
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a pot, add 2 1/2 cups of milk and the cream (3/4 cup) on medium heat stirring often.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, cocoa, salt and add the vanilla and milk. Stir until you get a smooth mixture.
- Reduce the heat to med-low and gradually add the cocoa mixture into the milk. Stir until “fumant” and pour in cups.
- Add a bit of cinnamon for spice, and decorate with a cinnamon stick. You can add some whipped cream as well…
Seriously, isn’t that hot chocolate amazing?
Now I know it’s an “indulge day”, but even then you get tons of great nutrients like Calcium (24%), Vitamin D (63%), B12 (46%), A (35%) and top that with 26% of Riboflavin!!