- 1- 6oz wild Alaskan salmon fillet
- 6 artichoke hearts, chopped. (14oz can)
- 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 whole wheat tortillas*
- 2 wedges of laughing cow Light Garlic & Herb cheese
- 1/4 cup plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 2 Tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-sodium salsa (optional)
- Cooking Spray
* I used smaller corn tortillas left from the Chilaquiles Casserole
- In a nonstick skillet over med-high heat, cook salmon skin-side down for 5 minutes. Flip salmon and add artichokes and dill to pan. Remove salmon skin with fork, discard, and cook salmon and artichokes for another 5 minutes or until flaky. Flake salmon with fork while still in skillet. Transfer salmon-artichoke mixture to a bowl.
- Wipe skillet clean and return to med-high heat. Add 1/4 tsp oil and spread around skillet. Place first tortilla in skillet and cook for 1 min. per side and set aside. Place second tortilla, cook for 1 minute, flip, then turn heat down to med-low. Spread 1 wedge of cheese *minus a little bit) on tortilla; add about 3/4 cup of salmon mixture; 2 Tbsp tomatoes; 2 Tbsp scallions; and 1/4 cup spinach. Spread rest of cheese on 1st tortilla and place on top. Flip carefully and cook for one more minute pressing down with spatula. Turn heat back up and repeat for 2nd quesadilla.
- Let cool for a few minutes then cut each into 6 wedges. Serve with Greek Yogurt and salsa. Enjoy!
- Recipe from Clean Eating Magazine
* Instead of making two big quesadillas I made 3 smaller ones (3 servings) along with a salad for a light lunch.
Nutrition info (based on 2 servings):
- Calories: 483
– Total fat: 15g
– Sat. fat: 2 g
– Omega 3s: 1833 mg
– Carbs: 51g
– Fiber: 16g
– Protein: 34g
– Sodium: 536mg
Do you have a favorite Topping for your Quesadillas?